Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I miss you.. Until we meet again.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Someday.. We will meet again..

I went for a walk in the park the other day. The same park that Bella and I visited just a few months ago. We had sat under a big tree and watched the squirrels run around next to us. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, and I was the happiest person alive; I so badly wanted to sit under that tree and be happy again. I wanted to feel complete again. I had so much fun dressing her that day, I had dressed her in a cute little skirt and her shirt said 100% sweet with a cupcake on it. That day is so vivid in my mind. The senior citizens that live close to the area were out for their walks and had stopped and marveled at those big beautiful eyes of hers. She loved the attention. I remember her watching them with such curiosity; the cutest thing ever. Bella felt the sun on her face that day, she felt the air kiss her cheeks. I'm glad I had the opportunity to enjoy those little moments. I'm thankful that I have those memories to hold on to.

The pictures, oh those pictures.. They have helped to keep me sane. I literally have thousands of pictures of my princess. I could look at those pictures all day, every day. There are times when it's unbearable to even think of looking at her pictures, but I always find myself looking at every single one; soaking in that smile, those eyes, everything. I can't say that it makes things easier, but it helps to remember. It helps to remind me that this amazing little person will always be a part of me.

Before Bella passed away, a photographer from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep came and took beautiful pictures of my little angel. I received them yesterday, the day before her one month anniversary. I had been anxiously waiting for them, and it was completely worth the wait. Bella looks absolutely beautiful. I'm grateful that this lady took time out of her day to take pictures of my little Bella. I honestly hadn't even considered taking pictures in the end, but I'm glad that they were taken.

"Every good and perfect gift comes from above." -James 1:17

This bear is 25 years old, it was given to her dad when he was born.
Teddy.
He went with Bella on her journey to heaven.
God sent us a precious gift.
A gift that was made for heaven.
I will always love you lovebug.


"Remember, each day that passes isn't another day without her; rather each day brings us closer to meeting her again." -Bella's Godmother

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow - that is so beautiful. The memories you share - the park - the beautiful photos and loving captions - the sweet teddy bear - the uplifting quote from Bella's Godmother - you are making her memory so so beautiful. We are still here - with you - listening and praying that each day is better than the last - sending you hope and hugs from far away. Much love - Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you daily. What beautiful photos of your beautiful baby girl, thanks for sharing them with us.
    Hugs-Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Aurora, the picture of your darling girl looking at her hand is wonderful. Love it.
    I think of you often. ( I posted in Dec. I am the grandma to a SB angel baby.) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such precious pictures. And those memories...they are always so bittersweet. I took two of my children to McDonald's today and it was so hard. I watched them playing, and I could just see my little Tiggy running around, peeking through the plastic at the top and through the mesh at the bottom, always trying to get my attention and then running off giggling as soon as I smiled at him. So full of life and energy and a future we never even guessed would be cut so short.

    ReplyDelete