Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I miss you.. Until we meet again.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Today is the day..

I've contemplated starting a blog for some time now, it's probably been a little over a year now. A lot of people say it's a great way to relieve stress, so here goes nothing. I'm going to give this a try. Wish me luck. I'll be typing away, just me, my thoughts, and the keyboard. Yes, today is the day..Today isn't just any regular day, it is actually a very special day. Today I will be celebrating my daughter Isabella's first birthday. I have been waiting for this day for months! I can't believe the day is finally here. I know I went a little.. I mean maybe a lot, overboard, but I just couldn't help it. It's her FIRST birthday, such a huge accomplishment. A year ago I would've never thought we'd be where we are today. Despite all of Bella's health issues, she is such a content and beautiful baby. She has a smile that can brighten even the worst of days. She definitely knows how to keep us busy, but its all worth it at the end of the day. I couldn't imagine life without this beautiful little girl.
Just a year ago, I remember feeling so overwhelmed and afraid because I didn't know what to expect. I had stopped imagining my perfect child; I lived in fear of what our future would hold. Yet, here we are today, as blessed as could be. I can't remember ever being this happy. Every single day holds a brand new blessing. Her smile, her laughter, the way she observes any one within a five mile radius, all of those things are blessings to me. A year ago, it was expected that I would have a child with a severe disability; a child that might not have any quality of life. I don't even want to imagine what life would be like if I had listened to those doctors. I doubted myself every single day. I prayed to God that he would just make her better, and that by some miracle she would be born completely healthy. I was angry with Him for making me go through something so difficult. I envied every single person that had a healthy child. I felt that I, too, deserved to have a healthy child. On October 28th, that all changed. The minute I saw her, I knew.. We were meant for each other. God was not punishing me, on the contrary, He had given me the most beautiful, perfect child especially made for me. So today, we will celebrate Isabella's life. We will celebrate my beautiful blessing. I can't thank God enough for all the wonderful friends and family that we have. I can honestly say, my daughter has love pouring out of her ears, and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment